Welcome to my site! It’s taken some time for me to get here and decide that creating this online space is something I, as a working mom with two young children, want to spend my limited free time doing. I’m glad I did!
My focus is on sharing the home projects and systems I use to attempt to make our home and work lives fit together and run smoothly.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Friday Fav: Banana BreadIt has become a running joke online that everyone is home during the pandemic learning how to bake banana bread. Well, I’ve been baking banana bread for years, but we have been making it significantly more frequently since COVID started. It is a family favorite, so I figured this Friday I would share our favorite […]
- My Daily Inner Monologue Regarding Back to SchoolI have been postponing writing anything about the 2020-2021 school year on here because I just don’t want to think about it. Funny enough, though, it’s all I seem to be thinking about these days. Just ask my husband. I’m driving him crazy. Our county schools have opted for 100% virtual education for at least […]
- July 2020 Book RecsI just squeaked in three books in July. I had a hard time getting back into reading this month after putting Olive Ketteridge in my Did Not Finish pile. I exasperated the issue by starting the month with the very long novel Americanah. Here’s my short review of each book I read last month. Let’s […]
- Friday Fav: PaintingI am not the family artist. That title definitely goes to my little sister who has the real talent, but I do enjoy abstract painting on occasion. Well, really, I like having the finished product hung in our home so we display something more personal than a store-bought art piece. Ages ago I bought a […]
- My List of “I Don’ts” as a Working MomI’ve been thinking a lot recently about this blog and the impression it gives others. I don’t want this to be a Pollyanna view of life as a working mom. Life is messy. I’m not a “perfect” mom, and we certainly have bad days in this house. Our home is often loud with people shouting […]
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.