Welcome to my site! It’s taken some time for me to get here and decide that creating this online space is something I, as a working mom with two young children, want to spend my limited free time doing. I’m glad I did!
My focus is on sharing the home projects and systems I use to attempt to make our home and work lives fit together and run smoothly.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Friday Fav: Our Answer to Nighttime Bed WettingWhen I spoke with our pediatrician about the nighttime bed wetting that was happening in my household, I was comforted to hear that it’s common. Some children’s bodies just have a hard time waking up enough to tell them it’s time to run to the bathroom. Our doctor offered his advice, which we took. It […]
- Bringing Home the Science: Raising ButterfliesThe butterfly lifecycle enters the curriculum in second grade in our state, so it seemed like the perfect year to raise butterflies. Just like the kids, I’ve never seen the process in action before. I’ve enjoyed hearing everything my second grader has learned about butterflies as the cycle progresses. It’s been an exciting few weeks […]
- Friday Fav: Paper PlannersI started 2021 with a paper planner, which is surprisingly something new for me. In the past, I typically kept my plans all digital with an occasional paper to-do list on the side. I’ve loved having a paper planner to map out my days and keep my lists all in one place. Boy, are there […]
- Keeping Boundaries Around My Part-Time Work ScheduleI’ve been asked recently if working part time has worked out. Am I working full-time hours but only getting paid for part-time work? Thankfully, I can honestly report no. I work 30 hours a week and am compensated for 30 hours of work a week. I feel lucky being in this situation given the nature […]
- Friday Fav: GeocachingOur son’s cub scout pack introduced us to geocaching, which has been a fun way to explore new areas in our county and get in some hiking miles. What is geocaching? Well, it’s a bit like a treasure hunt while hiking. You’re looking for a cache box typically slightly off a hiking trail. These boxes […]
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.