Welcome to my site! It’s taken some time for me to get here and decide that creating this online space is something I, as a working mom with two young children, want to spend my limited free time doing. I’m glad I did!
At this site, I want others to feel there’s somewhere they can go to find and share ideas for planning and organizing their work and home lives. Additionally, I plan to expand my posts to more than just revealing tricks, tips, and projects I’ve tackled. I’m going to share how you can tackle them too.
Thanks for stopping by!
- How Do You Move from Thinking Operationally to Strategically?A colleague recently asked me this question, and I’ve been reflecting on my answer. It’s a good one that I’ve never asked someone else before nor thought about conscientiously. I feel like my comfort zone, especially in this shelter-in-place time with no childcare while working from home, is to just focus on daily operations. Make […]
- Friday Fav: Stringing My Kids AlongWe have exhausted all options for exploring our neighborhood recently in an attempt to get outside and get some fresh air during our shelter-in-place order here. The plus side is that the kids have gotten a lot of time to ride bikes. Mr. 7 year old joined the ranks of children who learned to ride […]
- An Update on Rewarding Kids with MarblesBack in February, my husband and I introduced the kids to a new way to reinforce good behavior. In short, it works like this. Good behavior is rewarded with a marble, which is equivalent to five minutes of screen time. Poor choices cost the kids marbles. It’s really worked out so far! We were struggling […]
- Friday Favs: Netflix’s Middleditch and SchwartzI haven’t been writing for the blog much lately with the pandemic’s shelter-in-place order in effect, mainly because it’s hard to find the time (or more so the energy) to write when I’m dual-hatting my career and homeschooling two little kids. I’m literally on the run from 6am when my alarm goes off so I […]
- March 2020 Book RecsOh my goodness, it feels like everyone under the sun is catching up on their reading during this pandemic. I always have a long holds list with my library so books stagger in about once a week for me to read. I thoughtfully add books to my holds list but forget what they’re about by […]
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.